About CCS: Beliefs & Goals
Coastal Christian School's mission is to prepare students to serve God in all of life, providing excellence in the spiritual, academic, social, and physical aspects of education."
- CCS Mission Statement
Expected Outcomes for Students at Graduation
CCS Graduation Goals
• Students will demonstrate spiritual growth in love, knowledge of the Bible, and service to the Lord Jesus Christ.
• Students will demonstrate Christ-like character traits as applied to themselves for service to God and others.
• Students will demonstrate their knowledge of scripture by being able to explain and apply Biblical truth as a guide for life.
• Students will incorporate a Biblical worldview into their lives in order to be Godly, responsible citizens.
• Students will develop intrinsic motivation to take personal responsibility for their own behavior and learning.
• Students will develop skills to work cooperatively toward common goals and will demonstrate conflict resolution using Biblical principles.
• Students will demonstrate respect for one's self and others.
• Students will become responsible citizens who conduct themselves with personal integrity.
• Students will meet or exceed the California State Standards and requirements that are compatible with a Biblical worldview in language arts, social sciences, science, and mathematics.
• Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills across the curriculum including application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
• Students will demonstrate skills in the use of technology across the curriculum.
• Students will demonstrate at least intermediate writing and speaking ability in a foreign language.
• Students will prepare a four-year plan for post-high school education, service, and/or careers of their choice.
& Aesthetic Development
• Students will demonstrate knowledge of and skills in physical fitness and a variety of sports.
• Students will demonstrate knowledge of fitness and nutrition choices that lead to a healthy life.
• Students will demonstrate knowledge of, appreciation of, and skills in the visual and performing arts.
• Students will actively participate in one or more of the visual or performing arts.
The staff and Board are committed to providing the best possible
for our children.
"The primary purpose of Coastal Christian School shall be to provide the highest standards for young people to study on the Elementary and Secondary level, in a Christ-centered academic environment."
-- CCS Board Policy
CCS Statement of Faith
The following beliefs are accepted by all staff members and
are basic to instruction:
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible and authoritative
Word of God.
We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His bodily return in power and glory.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto eternal life, and they that ate lost unto everlasting damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells the Christian, empowering him to live a godly life.